Upcoming Health & Wellness Events
There are no events to display
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program is a free, confidential program available to UWSA employees and members of their household. This program is administered by FEI. Some of the services FEI provides are surrounding:
- Emotional Situations: relationships, parenting, grieving
- Work/Life Challenges: child care, elder care, adoption
- Legal and Financial Circumstances: managing expenses or debt, preparation of simple wills, child custody or child support
Visit the FEI website at www.feieap.com and sign in with the username SOWI for additional information or call (866) 274-4723 to begin using FEI’s services.
Recreational Sports and Facility Access
As a UWSA employee you can obtain low-cost memberships to UW-Madison recreation sports facilities across the UW-Madison campus. To learn more, check out member services information.
The Well Wisconsin Program is the uniform wellness program offered as part of the State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program and Wisconsin Public Employers Group Health Insurance Program.
Through the Well Wisconsin Program, administered by StayWell, employees and spouses enrolled in the State Group Health Insurance Plan are eligible to earn an annual $150 wellness incentive by completing a health screening, a health assessment and one well-being activity. Here is a bit more detail surrounding each:
- Health Screening: Provides a picture of your overall health and may include measurements for blood pressure, body mass index, cholesterol, triglycerides and glucose.
- Health Assessment: Captures your current health behaviors through a short questionnaire focusing on, but not limited to: stress, sleep, nutrition and physical activity.
- Well-Being Activity: Encourages you to participate in one activity of your choice that may help you with your overall health and well-being. Some examples are: Million Steps Challenge, 21 Day Meditation Experience or Self-Directed Coaching.
Additionally, some health insurance plans may offer other wellness benefits such as discounts on complementary medicine or healthy living rewards. Keep in mind that wellness incentives paid to participants either through StayWell or your health plan are considered taxable income.
For more information on the Wellness Incentive visit StayWell at wellwisconsin.staywell.com or contact the StayWell HelpLine at 800-821-6591.
Health, Wellness & Ergonomics Articles
February 13, 2018
A health screening is one of the three steps you need to complete by October 19, 2018 to receive the $150 Well Wisconsin Incentive**. The health screening will give you a picture of your overall health (measurements for blood pressure, body mass index, cholesterol, triglycerides and glucose). This free health screening is available to employees […]