The University of Wisconsin System is one of the largest systems of public higher education in the country and employs more than 39,000 faculty and staff statewide. The UW System’s combined enrollment headcount exceeds 170,000, and the System confers more than 36,000 degrees each year. The UW System is comprised of 13 four-year universities with 13 two-year branch campuses affiliated with seven of the four-year institutions. Two of the universities (UW-Madison and UW-Milwaukee) are doctoral degree-granting institutions and 11 are master’s degree-granting comprehensive institutions. The UW System is governed by a single Board of Regents comprised of 18 members. The UW System head is the President of the System. Together, these institutions are a tremendous academic, cultural, and economic resource for Wisconsin, the nation, and the world.
The PeopleSoft Developer is a key part of the Student Information System Services (SIS) technical team. The incumbent in this position is responsible for PeopleSoft development, including integrations, upgrades, customizations, and reports. The incumbent will also contribute to planning, design, and technical recommendations. The individual will work under general oversight and will promote best practices through comprehensive documentation and change management controls. The ability to handle several projects concurrently (both independently and collaboratively) and meet deadlines is required. Some evening and weekend work is required.
Remote/Telecommuting work options may be available.
PeopleSoft Development and Support
- Develop and debug software components using PeopleSoft specific tools, languages and environments.
- Build and debug application interfaces between PeopleSoft and other systems.
- Develop and update software components in support of PeopleSoft updates and enhancements.
- Participate in the detailed analysis, design, development, and implementation of enhancement projects.
- Support system testing and bug fixing activities.
- Create complex reports and SQL queries to support business users’ requests.
- Coordinate or perform database related tasks.
- Assist partners/customers with development and debugging of PeopleSoft customizations and software components.
- Assist partners/customers with implementation and development of application interfaces.
- Assist partners/customers with development related to PeopleSoft software updates.
- Support installation of developed interfaces and customizations for partners/customers.
- Through classes, conferences, and reading, keep abreast of new PeopleSoft developments.
- Participate in user groups, working groups, and information exchanges to share and expand knowledge of PeopleSoft technologies.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Two or more years demonstrated proficiency developing for Oracle PeopleSoft.
- Exposure to PeopleSoft Fluid development and PeopleSoft 9.2 environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well qualified applicants will also have a substantial amount of experience in a combination of the following:
- Experience building and debugging application customizations using PeopleSoft specific tools, languages and environments.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Fluid development in a 9.2 Campus Solutions environment.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Integration Broker and PeopleSoft Application Engine.
- Familiarity with controlled change management processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating and modifying reports.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Administration.
- Experience in planning, implementation and design of PeopleSoft customizations and integrations.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service and customer support.
- Experience creating technical documentation.
Conditions of Employment
This position is a full-time, salaried (exempt) academic staff position. This is an ongoing position. The official title is Software Engineer/Developer IV.
The UW System is required to conduct a criminal background and sexual harassment check for final candidate(s) prior to employment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Well-qualified candidates can expect a starting annual salary within a range of $85,000 – $100,000 commensurate with the candidate’s education, related experience, and qualifications. UW System employees receive an excellent benefit package. To learn more about the UWSA comprehensive benefit package, please access ALEX, the UW System’s on-line virtual benefits counselor. Please see this link for total compensation information: UW System Total Compensation Estimator to provide you with total compensation information.
To ensure full consideration, please submit application materials as soon as possible. Applicant screening will begin immediately and be ongoing through 11:55 p.m. Monday, August 29, 2022. However, applications may be accepted until the position has been filled.
- Follow the onscreen instructions; be sure to upload ALL THREE of the required documents: resume, cover letter, and references as PDF files. Failing to include any of these documents may disqualify your application. Uploading your documents as PDFs is also critical to maintain the formatting of your documents.
- Your cover letter MUST specifically address how your education and experience relate to the position and qualifications. Be sure to emphasize the areas outlined under “Minimum Qualifications.”
- Your reference page should include the names, business addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers for three professional references with at least one being from your current or previous supervisor(s).
- Include a statement of whether you wish to have your application held in confidence or made available to the public upon request. Please note that in the absence of any statement regarding confidentiality, we will assume you do not wish to have your application held in confidence. The UW System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
- Submit your application.
The University of Wisconsin System Administration is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, and person with disabilities.
Questions may be addressed to: Sarah Wilson, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org .