The University of Wisconsin System The University of Wisconsin System is one of the largest systems of public higher education in the country, educating approximately 165,000 students each year and employing 40,000 faculty and staff statewide. With 13 universities across 26 campuses and a statewide extension network with offices in every county, the UW System is a tremendous academic, cultural, and economic resource for Wisconsin, the nation, and the world.
The Food Finance Institute (FFI) leverages and supports a collaborative network of professionals focused on building and funding profitable businesses in the food, beverage, and value-added agriculture sector. We work to make sophisticated financial technical assistance available for every growing food, beverage, and value-added agriculture enterprise.
Through supporting our collaborative network and partners with training, resources, tools and coaching, FFI fulfills its mission of making sophisticated financial technical assistance available to every growing food, beverage and value-added agriculture enterprise.
The Food Finance Institute (FFI) supports a network of food-focused entrepreneurs and consultants through an array of programs and services. To best do our work and fulfill our mission of helping grow and scale food, farm and food systems businesses – we need support. This support position will help us manage new inquiries, track our conversations and impact, and support our ongoing suite of programming through assisting with three key aspects of our work: Client and Customer Support, Training Support, and General Admin Support.
Estimated 20 hours per week.
Client and Customer Support –
- Understand and convey value proposition of programs, services, and staff expertise to potential clients and customers
- Triage and track client and customer inquiries received via sources such as info@ emails, phone, and contact forms
- Ensure contact records and organizational record data is up to date in database
- Run and distribute reports to help us manage overall client interactions and conversion into programs and services
- Follow up with clients and leads as needed to check in on their needs or experience with our programs and services
Training and Event Support
- Support instructors and coaches with virtual events by providing:
- Day of logistics and tech support
- Pre-event logistics support: supporting (or hosting) any speaker training or virtual event platform training needed for an event to be executed
- Event logistics and admin support as needed
General Admin and Operations Support
- Work with Director to manage regular internal staff communications that report on key metrics, upcoming events and activities, and ongoing work
- Support data/evaluation response collection through client and customer outreach
- Assist/manage admin functions such as invoicing, meeting scheduling, travel arrangements, and other admin support functions
- Support grant and technical assistance contract project management
- Other tasks as assigned
- Customer service
- Data management or project management /coordination
- Event management or event support
- Familiarity/experience with contact database, such as Salesforce
- Familiarity with virtual event tools, such as WebEx
- Detail oriented
- Great communication skills
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The UW System is required to conduct a criminal background and sexual harassment check for final candidate(s) prior to employment. Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e., a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without the need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
The office location is in Madison, WI. Telecommuting or hybrid work options may be available to Wisconsin residents only.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The Administrative Assistant II is a part-time, hourly (non-exempt) university staff project position. This position is expected to work between 15 – 25 hours/week. The official title is Administrative Assistant II. Well-qualified candidates can expect a starting hourly rate within a range of $20.00 – 25.00/hour commensurate with the candidate’s education, related experience, and qualifications. This position is expected to last two years.
To ensure full consideration, please submit application materials as soon as possible. Applicant screening will begin immediately and be ongoing through 11:55 pm, Friday, June 10, 2022. However, applications may be accepted until the position has been filled.
- Go to the UWSA Applicant Portalto submit your materials online and select the appropriate applicant portal, either External Applicants or Internal Applicants and click on the position title that you want to apply for.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and be sure to include your salary expectations when asked in our applicant tracking In addition, please be sure to upload ALL THREE of the required documents: resume, cover letter, and references as PDF files. Failing to include any of these documents may disqualify your application.
- Your cover letter MUST specifically address how your education and experience relate to the position and qualifications. Be sure to emphasize the areas outlined under “Minimum ”
- Your reference page should include the names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers for three professional references with at least one being from a current or previous
- Include a statement of whether you wish to have your application held in confidence or made available to the public upon request. Please note that in the absence of any statement regarding confidentiality, we will assume you do not wish to have your application held in confidence. The UW System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
- Submit your
The University of Wisconsin System Administration is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, and person with disabilities.
Questions may be addressed to: Sarah Wilson, HR Business Partner, at email@example.com.