To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by FRIDAY, November 8, 2019.
* Please upload your documents in PDF file format.
The Office of Policy Analysis and Research is seeking candidates with the combination of leadership, communication, analytical, and technical skills to thrive as a full-time (Senior) Policy and Planning Analyst. This position reports to the Director for Policy Analysis and Research, within the Academic and Student Affairs division of UW System Administration, located in Madison, Wisconsin. The (Senior) Policy and Planning Analyst conducts research and analysis on a wide variety of higher education issues supporting planning, decision making, and policy development in the UW System. This position is responsible for activities related to institutional research and data management that include leading selected OPAR projects and processes.
Major responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Tell compelling, accurate stories with data that drive action on a variety of higher education issues.
- Actively engage with internal and external stakeholders to understand how higher education issues, policies, and business practices affect UW System.
- Identify opportunities for relevant analyses that facilitate action on UW System’s needs and priorities.
- Conduct analyses by developing database queries, manipulating large data files, using secondary data sources, and selecting appropriate statistical techniques.
- Write reports and deliver oral presentations that visually depict findings for non-expert audiences and communicate implications for action in addition to detailed analytical findings.
- Increase capacity of OPAR and UW System to use data to inform decisions.
- Work with other OPAR staff and information technology staff on the design and implementation of data collection, editing, and warehousing systems.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and dashboards.
- Help guide successful implementation of systemwide analysis platforms in areas such as student advising or transfer.
- Increase the effectiveness of the office within the UW System and beyond.
- Lead data analysis on cross-functional teams with colleagues from other UWSA offices and UW institutions.
- Execute complex projects under own initiative without intensive supervision, leading colleagues to accomplish team projects.
- Identify situations that benefit from broader input, and effectively acquire input in an inclusive, respectful, and receptive manner.
- Represent UW System and OPAR on internal and external committees, and at state, regional, and national conferences.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for information and analysis and take on other duties as assigned.
In order to be considered for this position, a candidate must have:
- Master’s degree
- At least five years of professional experience in higher education
- Experience with statistics and research methodologies
- Experience with programming languages for data manipulation and analysis (e.g. SQL, SAS)
Well-qualified applicants will also have the following:
- An earned doctorate in social sciences, higher education, or statistics
- Experience in research and analysis in one or more areas of higher education administration, such as financial aid, admissions or enrollment management, instructional workload, student and/or faculty equity, survey design and analysis, or other areas
- Experience with best practices in the use of technology in institutional research, such as predictive analytics, integrated data warehousing systems, and interactive data visualizations/dashboards
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity as critical components of organizational success
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time and meeting project deadlines in a dynamic and demanding environment where expectations for performance and productivity are high
More information about thecan be found in the complete advertisement.
To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2019.
For more information on the University of Wisconsin System, access our site at http://www.wisconsin.edu/.
The University of Wisconsin System Administration is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.