To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2019.
* Please upload your documents in PDF file format.
The Center for Technology Commercialization (CTC) operates within the University of Wisconsin System as part of the Institute for Business and Entrepreneurship (IBE). Operations and programs are funded in part through grants from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) and the Small Business Administration (SBA). The Center provides hands on guidance and assistance primarily to early-stage, technology-based entrepreneurs to help them assess the feasibility of their ideas, test business hypotheses, and access early funding sources such as the federal SBIR/STTR programs & angel/VC capital. CTC also provides an important connection to specialty service providers to work with these early-stage businesses to help them achieve commercialization success.
Milwaukee area with occasional regional and statewide travel requirements.
The Business Development and Technology Commercialization Consultant (formal title: Outreach Program Manager III) provides technical assistance to innovative, high-growth potential Wisconsin companies. As defined by CTC, a targeted high-growth potential company is innovative, has identifiable potential for high-growth, and the nascent potential to attract capital from outside the local community. The position focuses on providing business and commercialization assistance for technology based companies. The position relies on both their business expertise in commercializing products and strong written and verbal communication skills to counsel Wisconsin high-growth potential companies. Support includes training and business/commercial plan review within CTC’s programming. Responsibilities include providing technical business assistance counseling using LEAN Startup and other proven methods as part of CTC’s SBIR Advance and Ideadvance programs. The position also assists in the management of various CTC micro-grant and entrepreneur training programs in support of these and other efforts. The position reports to the CTC Senior Technology Consultant and works with others in the organization, within the Institute and across the UW System campuses and the statewide Small Business Development Center (SBDC) network. The position also works with CTC partners and various statewide, regional and local organizations that support entrepreneurs and small businesses including federal SBIR/STTR program managers. The position is located in the Milwaukee area.
Major responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE: Provide outcome oriented advice to technology based small businesses relating to a variety of issues
- PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT: Identify targeted high-impact companies within the region and work with CTC staff to coordinate and plan statewide CTC activities
In order to be considered for this position, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or scientific/engineering technology or comparable experience.
- Familiarity in development and commercialization of technologies.
- Background experience in working with small technology based companies.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to write logically persuasive text
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking.
Well-qualified applicants will also have the following:
- Masters or terminal degree in related business or physical sciences, engineering fields.
- Working knowledge or experience in business development, technology analysis, intellectual property protection and licensing, and commercialization of Technology.
- Experience in commercializing technology based products from idea inception, voice of customer, cost analysis, and product launch.
- Experience in obtaining private investment such as Angel funding or Venture Capital.
- Direct experience with I Corps or equivalent Lean Startup programming such as the Lean LaunchPad or demonstrated experience in implementing these methods.
- Demonstrated high-degree of self-direction, initiative and motivation.
More information about thecan be found in the complete advertisement.
To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2019.
For more information on the University of Wisconsin System, access our site at http://www.wisconsin.edu/.
The University of Wisconsin System Administration is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.