To ensure full consideration, please submit application materials as soon as possible. Applicant screening will begin immediately and be ongoing through SUNDAY, JUNE 30, 2019.
* Please upload your documents in PDF file format.
Under the general supervision of the Project Portfolio Manager, this position will be an integral part of the Project Management Office and perform a wide variety of activities. This position requires the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and a significant amount of independent judgment. Specifically, this position will:
- Manage multiple projects independently
- Coordinate with other project managers and diverse stakeholder groups, seeking guidance as needed
- Ensure project goals are accomplished on time and within budget
- Track key performance indicators and adjust project plans accordingly to optimize results
- Communicate with stakeholder groups, in coordination with larger PMO/PCO plans
- Escalate and track issues appropriately for resolution
- Work with stakeholders across the state, on a wide variety of UW campuses; regular travel is not expected but some travel may occur
- Actively contribute to overall project strategy and process-building
In order to be considered for this position, a candidate must have:
- 3+ years experience managing projects
- Fluency in basic project management concepts, such as validating and documenting requirements, project charters, timelines, communication plans, issue lists, and status reporting
- Proven ability to work independently on multiple projects and coordinate with other PMs as needed
- Proven ability to work with executive stakeholders and a wide variety of stakeholder group
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, oral/written communication, and organizational skills
A well-qualified candidate will also have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- PM Certification (PMP, Prince, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to process and quality improvement
- Proven ability to coordinate remote team members
- Knowledge of higher education, UW, or similar complex organizations
Conditions of Employment
These positions are full-time, salaried (exempt) limited appointee positions. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience. UW System employees receive an excellent benefit package. To learn more about the UWSA comprehensive benefit package, please access ALEX, the UW System’s on-line virtual benefits counselor. In addition to ALEX, you can read our benefit summary guide: Summary – Faculty, Academic Staff & Limited Appointees. Furthermore, the UW System Total Compensation Estimator is a tool designed to provide you with total compensation information.
SPECIAL NOTE: Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
More information about thecan be found in the complete advertisement.
To ensure full consideration, please submit application materials as soon as possible. Applicant screening will begin immediately and be ongoing through THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2019.
For more information on the University of Wisconsin System, access our site at http://www.wisconsin.edu/.
The University of Wisconsin System Administration is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.