Content Editor Training
This training is required before working as a content editor on any UW System community website. A review of content management terminology and primary content management system (CMS) features will be covered. Trainees will be given a temporary sandbox to build their practical content management skills.
The main objectives are to:
- Build a common vocabulary for communicating effectively with other University of Wisconsin System Administration staff members about content management and appropriate CMS usage;
- Increase comfort as a content editor to foster independent exploration and self-guidance;
- Review major policies and standards for which compliance is expected of all content editors and stakeholders;
- Introduce the trainee to how web support is requested.
Topics covered during training include:
- Vocabulary review
- Understanding the wisconsin.edu digital content model
- Navigating the CMS interface
- Creating pages and posts
- Managing content collections such as media, documents, and forms
- Creating and using menus
- Utilizing posts, news stories, and events