Zuse Content Management System (CMS) users are UW System staff who use wisconsin.edu websites and other UW System Administration websites to share information and communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Abide by policies established by the Web Governance Committee. Ensure all posted content reflects the integrity of the UW System and abide by consistency standards.
- Create and maintain content that supports UW System’s mission by informing and engaging stakeholders.
- Create and maintain content that is ADA compliant and meets all federal laws, as well as Board of Regent and web governance policies.
- Review site regularly and track community site metrics in Site Improve to ensure content is engaging, consistent, relevant, timely, current, and accurate.
- Develop and implement short- and long-term content plans that include a clearance and review process within the respective department/office/unit to ensure all posted content has the appropriate management approval and contains no errors.
- Routinely eliminate, update, or revise content that is outdated, redundant, or trivial.
- Provide feedback to the Web Governance Committee on the efficacy of current policies, processes, standards, and guidelines. Request additional guidance or changes when necessary.
- Bring any web management or technical issues to the attention of the Digital Content Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the Digital Content Coordinator to continuously improve efficiency and performance of web content.
- Use SiteImprove and other approved quality assurance tools and services on a weekly basis to update and improve website content and organization.
- Participate in an annual audit of departmental websites.
- Work with the Digital Content Coordinator to measure progress, identify areas of improvement, and set short and long-term goals.
- Actively share web content with appropriate internal and external customers.
- Coordinate with other internal departments/CMS users to eliminate redundant or confusing navigation and information.
- Bring timely requests to the governance committee.
- Attend regularly scheduled trainings and informational meetings provided by the Digital Content Coordinator in order to stay current with new developments and standards as they are implemented across UWSA.