The University of Wisconsin System’s presence on the World Wide Web is essential to its mission of teaching, research, and public service. The overall goals of web governance are to:
- Support the vision, mission, goals, and academic values of the University of Wisconsin System;
- Assist web content editors, developers, and Zuse content management system (CMS) users in creating websites that comply with UW System and Board of Regents policies and rules, as well as local, state, and federal laws;
- Facilitate the official business of the UW System and appropriate online transactions.
All web governance policies apply to:
- Websites located on wisconsin.edu, the official web presence of the University of Wisconsin System;
- Websites conducting UW System business.