UW System materials produced should use the font choices listed on this page.
Lato and Open Sans are free and are to be installed on all UWSA computers. If you find you do not have the Lato and Open Sans fonts installed – or if you want them for your home computer – download the free Lato and Open Sans fonts here. If you need assistance, please contact the UW-Shared Services IT HelpDesk.
Use Open Sans for body copy in emails, Word documents, PowerPoints, etc.
- Open Sans Regular
- Open Sans Italic
- Open Sans Bold
- Open Sans Bold Italic
Our brand font family is “Univers” by Linotype.
Univers is used for pieces being professionally published. Contact Public Affairs & Communications
- Univers 55 Roman
- Univers 55 Roman Oblique
- Univers 65 Bold
- Univers 65 Bold Oblique
- Palatino Linotype (regular)
- Palatino Linotype (Italic)
- Palatino Linotype (Bold)
- Palatino Linotype (Bold Italic)
HEADING STYLE *
Use Lato for headings in Word documents, PowerPoints, etc.
- Lato Light
- Lato Light Italic
- Lato Regular
- Lato Regular Italic
- Lato Bold
- Lato Bold Italic
ALTERNATE HEADING STYLE
Univers is used for pieces being professionally published; contact Public Affairs & Communications
- Univers 47 Light Condensed
- Univers 47 Light Condensed Oblique
- Univers 57 Condensed
- Univers 57 Condensed Oblique
- Univers 67 Bold Condensed
- Univers 67 Bold Condensed Oblique
- Univers 75 Black
Contact Public Affairs & Communications with questions regarding fonts and font licenses.
* Fonts used on wisconsin.edu, they are available for download on Google Fonts, or see download link at top of page
** Font is available as a Windows System Font