This training is required to gain access to Zuse CMS as an editor on any community site. In training, a review of the Zuse content management system (CMS) and its primary features will be covered. Attendees will be given a temporary sandbox to build their practical Zuse usage skills.
The main objectives are to:
- Build a common vocabulary for communicating effectively with other UWSA staff members about Zuse CMS usage;
- Increase comfort with the content management system to foster independent exploration and self-guidance;
- Review major policies and standards for which compliance is expected of all Zuse CMS users;
- Introduce the trainee to how web support is requested.
Some of the topics users will focus on during training include:
- Vocabulary review
- Navigating the Zuse interface
- Understanding the content model used in Zuse
- Creating basic pages using the Classic Editor
- Creating advanced pages using Zuse Create
- Using Reusable Content and Templates
- Managing content collections such as media, documents, and forms
- Creating and using menus
- Utilizing events, news stories, and blog posts
Upon completion of Content Editor Training, trainees will become certified Zuse Editors—a requirement for gaining access to any active community site.
To request training please use our Web Request form.