CMS users (authors and editors) are UW System staff who use www.wisconsin.edu and other UW System Administration sites to share information and communicate effectively with internal and external audiences.
- Abide by policies established by the Web Governance Committee. Ensure all posted content reflects the integrity of the UW System and abide by consistency standards.
- Create and maintain content that supports UW System’s mission by informing and engaging stakeholders.
- Create and maintain content that is ADA compliant and meets all federal laws, as well as Board of Regent and web governance policies.
- Review site regularly and track community site metrics in Site Improve to ensure content is engaging, consistent, relevant, timely, current, and accurate.
- Develop and implement short- and long-term content plans that include a clearance and review process within the respective department/office/unit to ensure all posted content has the appropriate management approval and contains no errors.
- Routinely eliminate, update, or revise content that is outdated, redundant, or trivial.
- Provide feedback to the Web Governance Committee on the efficacy of current policies, processes, standards, and guidelines. Request additional guidance or changes when necessary.
- Bring any web management or technical issues to the attention of the Web Team in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the Web Team to continuously improve efficiency and performance in web postings.
- Use SiteImprove and other approved quality assurance tools and services on a weekly basis to update and improve website content and organization.
- Participate in an annual audit of departmental websites.
- Work with the Web Team to measure progress, identify areas of improvement, and set short and long-term goals.
- Actively share web content with appropriate internal and external customers.
- Coordinate with other internal departments/CMS users to eliminate redundant or confusing navigation and information.
- Bring timely requests to the Governance Committee.
- Join the web user listserv and remain on the listserv as long as there is access to the CMS.
- Attend regularly scheduled trainings and informational meetings provided by the web team in order to stay current with new developments and standards as they are implemented across UWSA.
Updated February 5, 2015