This training is required to gain access to Zuse CMS as an editor on any community site. In training, the Web Team conducts a review of the Zuse CMS and its features. Attendees will be given a temporary sandbox to build their practical Zuse usage skills.
The major objectives of this training are to:
- Build a common vocabulary to communicate with the Web Team and other UWSA staff members about Zuse effectively.
- Increase the trainee’s comfort with the system to foster independent exploration and self-guidance.
- Review major policy and procedure points for which compliance is expected by all Zuse users, editors particularly.
- Introduce the trainee to interacting and requesting support from the Web Team.
Some of the topics users will focus on during their training include:
- Extensive vocabulary review.
- Navigating the Zuse Admin Panel (ZAP) interface.
- Understanding the content model used in the new CMS.
- Using the Classic Editor to create basic pages.
- Using Zuse Create to create advanced pages.
- Using Reusable Content and Templates with the Classic Editor.
- Managing collections such as media, documents, and forms.
- Creating and using menus.
- Utilizing events, news stories, and blog posts.
Upon completion of Editor Training, trainees will become Certified Zuse Editors–a requirement to gain access to any active community site.