This training is required to gain access to Zuse CMS as an editor on any community site. In this three hour training, the Web Team conducts a complete review of the Zuse CMS and its features through a series of hands on tutorials and objectives designed to build the trainee’s comfort with the content management system. Attendees will be given a sandbox, in which they can follow-along with the trainer as well as experiment beyond training to build practical Zuse usage skills.
The major objectives of this training are to:
- Build a common vocabulary to communicate with the Web Team and other UWSA staff members about Zuse effectively.
- Increase the trainee’s comfort with the system to foster independent exploration and self-guidance.
- Review major policy and procedure points for which compliance is expected by all Zuse users, editors particularly.
- Introduce the trainee to interacting and requesting support from the Web Team.
Some of the tasks users will focus on during their training include:
- Extensive vocabulary review.
- Navigating the Zuse Admin Panel (ZAP) interface.
- Understanding the content model used in the new CMS.
- Using the Classic Editor to create basic pages.
- Using Zuse Create to create advanced pages.
- Using Reusable Content and Templates with the Classic Editor.
- Managing collections such as media, documents, and forms.
- Creating and using menus.
- Utilizing events, news stories, and blog posts.
Upon completion of Editor Training, trainees will become Certified Zuse Editors–a requirement to gain access to any active community site.
Regularly scheduled trainings have been completed. Please request training using our contact us form.