UW System President Ray Cross proposes a broad restructuring of UW Colleges and UW-Extension. UW Colleges campuses will be integrated into UW four-year and research institutions, and divisions within UW-Extension will be assigned to UW-Madison and UW System Administration. These changes will be effective July 1, 2018.
We have answered a number of questions on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) webpage. The FAQ webpage will be updated as new information becomes available. If you do not see your answer there, please feel free to submit your question about the proposal below.
The objectives of the restructuring include:
- Expanding access to higher education by offering more courses at the two-year campuses
- Identifying and reducing barriers to transferring credits within the UW System
- Maintaining affordability by continuing existing tuition levels post-integration for courses currently offered at the two-year institutions
- Further standardizing and regionalizing administrative operations and services to more efficiently use resources
- Leveraging resources and shared talent at our institutions to get more students into and through the educational pipeline successfully, better aligning the university to meet Wisconsin’s projected workforce needs