How should a student apply to a two-year campus?

Go to UW HELP to get more information for UW campus that meets their needs and education goals. Once a student has selected the two-year or four-year UW campus and education track that meets their needs and goals, they should apply at

Is there a change where students need to send their ACT and SAT scores and transcripts?

This is no change for 2018-2019 academic year. Check with the UW campuses you plan to apply to for specific instructions on needed application materials. Get more information on UW System admission guidelines at UW HELP.


Will more courses be offered at the two-year campuses?

The goal is to offer more courses at the integrated campuses, so that students will have more choices provided by the four-year or research institution.

What will happen to collaborative programs between two-year campuses and UW institutions that are not being integrated under the proposal?

Successful collaborative partnerships and programs should continue, regardless of whether a UW institution and a two-year campus are affiliated post-integration. We will continue to encourage and build upon innovative programs that enable student success.

Financial Aid Process

Will the FAFSA application process change for the 2018-2019 academic year?

No. During the 2018-2019 academic year, both the process for completing the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) and the FAFSA codes will remain the same.

How does the change affect students who received financial aid through UW Colleges in the 2018-2019 academic year?

Students must manually change the code on their FAFSA for 2019-2020 so it has the correct code.

Will the FAFSA application process change for the 2019-2020 academic year?

For students who apply to a two-year campus, yes. As of October 1, 2018, students applying for financial aid for 2019-2020 must use the FAFSA code for the four-year comprehensive and research university in the region they are applying to. For example, a student applying to UW Barron County must use the FAFSA code for UW-Eau Claire.

How does a student apply with the correct code?

Apply online at Starting October 1, 2018, use these FAFSA school codes for 2019-2020:

FAFSA School Codes for 2019-2020
UW-Eau Claire (SCHOOL CODE – 003917)

  • UW-Barron County
UW-Green Bay (SCHOOL CODE – 003899)

  • UW-Manitowoc
  • UW-Marinette
  • UW-Sheboygan
UW-Milwaukee (SCHOOL CODE – 003896)

  • UW-Washington County
  • UW-Waukesha
  • UW-Flexible Option
UW-Oshkosh (SCHOOL CODE – 003920)

  • UW-Fond du Lac
  • UW-Fox Valley
UW-Platteville (SCHOOL CODE – 003921)

  • UW-Baraboo/Sauk County
  • UW-Richland
UW-Stevens Point (SCHOOL CODE – 003924)

  • UW-Marathon County
  • UW-Marshfield/Wood County
UW-Whitewater (SCHOOL CODE – 003926)

  • UW-Rock County

What happens if a student uses an incorrect school code in 2019-2020?

Applications that have a UW Colleges school code listed will not be processed for 2019-2020. If an incorrect school code was originally reported when the 2019-2020 FAFSA was filed the student should:

  1. Log back into and select “make a correction.”
  2. Update the school code to reflect the four-year UW institution affiliated wit the two-year branch campus,
  3. Be sure to go all the way to the end! Sign and RESUBMIT the application.

If a student needs help, who should they contact for assistance?

They can contact the Financial Aid Office at the respective four-year UW institution using the email addresses listed above.

How can I stay on top of updates on financial aid?

Our Project Updates tab is consistently being updated. Please check there for the latest information.

You may also subscribe to our RSS feed to get updates sent straight to your inbox. For instructions on how to subscribe, please visit:


How will the restructuring affect scholarships?

The restructuring shouldn’t affect scholarships, but a student should check with their campus’ Financial Aid office to make sure.


Can students transfer to other UW four-year institutions? Or do they have to attend the four-year institution associated with their two-year campus?

Students will still be able to transfer between all UW System institutions, just as you can now, so long as you meet the institution’s admissions requirements. One of the major goals of this proposal is to make transferring credits easier within the UW System.

What is going to happen to the guaranteed transfer program?

The guaranteed transfer programs will continue to be honored. We are also committed to improving transfer to all comprehensive and research institutions.


How will tuition be affected?

Post-integration, we will maintain existing tuition levels for classes currently offered at the two-year institutions to keep them affordable for students and families. Our two-year campuses are important access points for students, particularly those at greater risk of not being able to afford college: first generation, low income, and rural students.

Tuition will not change for 2018-19. Read more about tuition and fees for 2019-20 for Association of Arts (AAS) students at branch campuses, baccalaureate students at four-year campuses, and online courses.

Contact Us

Questions about the Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019 semesters, contact:

  • Admissions: 888-INFO-UWC (463-6892)
  • Financial Aid: 608-262-5928
  • General questions: 888-INFO-UWC (463-6892)

For questions regarding the Fall 2019 semester, contact the affiliated four-year institution.

What's Your Question?

If you have a question about the restructuring and do not see your answer here, please feel free to submit your questions about the proposal online.

Subscribe via RSS

Never miss a News Stories post by following our RSS feed. Learn about options for subscribing via RSS.