UW System President Ray Cross proposes integrating UW Colleges with four-year comprehensive and research UW institutions as part of a broader restructuring of UW Colleges and UW-Extension. Divisions within UW-Extension will be assigned to UW-Madison and UW System Administration. These proposed changes would be effective July 1, 2018.
- All UW Colleges campuses will remain open. In fact, we want to bring more classes on-site, including eventually offering upper-level courses. Our goal is to expand the opportunities available to students.
- You will not see any changes to academic courses or programs on the two-year campuses before July 1, 2018. After that date, some course names may change to align with the affiliated campus. Starting with fall 2018, your diploma will reflect the name of the four-year or research institution affiliated with your campus.
- You can still transfer your credits. If you are a student at a two-year campus now or in the future, your credits will transfer to all UW institutions – just as they do now. A key goal of this plan is to make it easier to transfer credits.
- Tuition levels stay the same. Post-integration, we will maintain existing tuition levels for classes currently offered at the two-year institutions to keep them affordable for students and families.
- Better use of resources. The UW System will continue to standardize and regionalize administrative operations and services to more efficiently and effectively use resources.