UW SYSTEM ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES
Below is a list of policies that have been approved by President Cross during the last month:
- On January 25, 2019, President Cross approved SYS 362, University Administrative Support of Affiliated Organizations.
- On January 9, 2019, President Cross approved technical updates to the SYS 1000, Information Security Series.
Please find a detailed description of the approved policy revisions below:
- Establishes standards that help ensure relationships between System, UW institutions and Affiliated Organizations, including primary and real estate foundations are productive, efficient, and beneficial to the UW System or a UW institution.
- Requires the UW System or institution to provide an annual accounting of administrative support when the total administrative support provided to the Affiliated Organizations is valued at $100,000 or greater. The policy provides an Excel worksheet to help with this accounting.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The Vice President for Finance has extended the deadline by which this accounting is to be provided for this year. For this year only, the due date for institutions to submit the required accounting of administrative support provided to Affiliated Organizations is May 31st, 2019 not March 31st. This extension is reflected in the Foundation and Other Affiliated Organizations Cost-Benefit Report spreadsheet linked to in the policy.
- Requires the UW System or UW institution to establish a written agreement with an Affiliated Organization within 6 months of that entity being identified by the UW System or UW institution as an Affiliated Organization that must report under this policy, if the Affiliated Organization receives annual administrative support valued at $100,000 or greater in a calendar year.
- Technical revisions were made regarding the Responsible UW System Officer, which was changed from UW System Chief Information Officer (CIO) to UW System Associate Vice President (AVP) for Information Security in the following policies in the Information Security series:
- SYS 1030, Information Security: Authentication
- SYS 1030A, Information Security: Authentication
- SYS 1031, Information Security: Data Classification and Protection
- SYS 1031A, Information Security: Data Classification
- SYS 1031B, Information Security: Data Protections
- SYS 1033, Information Security: Incident Response