The comment period for SYS 807, Medical Withdrawal has been extended an additional two weeks. This will allow more time for stakeholders to seek clarification and then provide comments. Feedback is now due on Friday, December 18.
To view and comment on the policy, please click on the link above. Please submit your comments (which may include attachments such as word documents, PDFs, etc.) through the link above. Doing so ensures your feedback is captured and reviewed during the post-comment period.
SYS 807, Medical Withdrawal
This policy will be effective on September 1, 2020.
Summary of Policy and Policy Revisions
- This policy outlines provisions with respect to medical withdrawals and refunds beyond the 100 percent refund date.
- Requires that one central office must administer the policy, and one central and secure database house all of the medical withdrawal documents.
- Requires that the policies and associated campus procedures be made available to students as a part of the Registrar’s polices and procedures for all students.
- Lists the supporting documentation requirements for a medical withdrawal approval.
- If the policy has been revised, identify the places within the document that the policy revisions occur. When at all possible, list the specific section, subsection, and paragraph number for each revision.
- Provides the timeline in which students may request a withdrawal and how to calculate the timeframe on transcripts and for repayments.
- Provides a tuition and fee refund schedule based on course length.
- Specifies how this policy should be integrated with related campus processes.
Affected Areas on Campuses
- This policy applies to the institutional Registrar’s Offices and Offices of Financial Aid, as well as the office designated to administer the policy.
- Institutions must adhere to the provisions of this policy, and must develop their own procedures to operationalize this policy. Institutions may also develop guidance to support this policy.
- Additional communication will be provided prior to the effective date.