Policy and Procedures Approved
Below is a list of policies that have been approved by President Cross:
- On December 26, President Cross approved updates to the policy SYS 1277, Compensation.
- On December 27, Vice President Cramer approved the newly established associated procedures SYS 1277.A, Compensation: Extraordinary Salary Ranges and SYS 1277.B, Compensation, Merit Pay.
Please find a detailed description of the approved policy revisions below:
SYS 1277, Compensation
Policy is effective upon publication and distribution.
Summary of Policy and Policy Revisions
- The purpose of this policy is to outline the parameters used when setting and adjusting salaries of UW System employees. This policy supports the compensation philosophy described below and apply regardless of the source of funds supporting the salaries.
- SYS 1277 has been revised to update formatting to new policy structure and to comply with LAB 19-5 recommendations regarding the creation of Extraordinary Salary Ranges (ESRs) and minimum requirements for Merit Pay (outside of the Wisconsin Pay Plan).
- Extensive formatting revisions throughout to conform to new policy format.
- Elimination of historical statute and policy references that are no longer applicable.
- Addition of two procedure documents to address LAB 19-5 Recommendations:
Affected Areas on Campuses
- This policy affects all UW System employees, except for employees of UW-Madison.
Expectation of Campuses on UWSA Policy Reporting
- Institutions have flexibility to determine the processes and procedures for setting and adjusting employee salaries within the bounds of this policy. Requirements and processes at each institution may be more stringent than those listed in the policy.
- Drafts of this policy have been developed with institution Human Resources offices. Institution Human Resources has shared the information with Governance groups.