As a reminder, there is 1 new, draft policy included in the May Institution Distribution. It is listed below:
To view and comment on the policy, please click on the link above. Please submit your comments (which may include attachments such as word documents, PDFs, etc.) through the link above. Doing so ensures your feedback is captured and reviewed during the post-comment period.
The deadline to review and submit feedback for the policy via the comment form is Monday, June 23.
This policy will be effective upon approval.
Summary of Policy
- This policy is needed in response to a new federal requirement that for all academic programs, universities determine the location of the students enrolled in the program and the subsequent requirement to notify students if licensure requirements in the states where they reside are being met by the UW university curriculum.
- This policy is a response to 34 CFR Sec. 668.43, which go into effect July 1, 2020, and is a condition of Title IV eligibility.
- Our universities need a policy in place by July 1, 2020.
- The System policy will serve as the university policy until such time that each university create their own processes and policies.
Affected Areas on Campuses
- The parties responsible for this work will be determined by each university.
- It will involve the Office of the Registrar and academic programs leading to licensure.
- Universities will be able to use information in the Student Information System (SIS) to determine student location and academic programs.
- Each university will assign this compliance work to staff.
- Universities will have to assign staff time to complete the student notification once tracked from the SIS.
- No additional communication is planned at this time.