There is one policy included in the July Institution Distribution. It is listed below:
- SYS 250, Residence in System-Owned Property
To view and comment on the policy, please click on the link above. Please submit your comments (which may include attachments such as word documents, PDFs, etc.) through the link above. Doing so ensures your feedback is captured and reviewed during the post-comment period.
The deadline to review and submit feedback for the policy via the comment form is Friday, August 7.
SYS 250, Residence in System-Owned Property
This policy will be effective upon approval.
Summary of Policy
- This policy establishes UWS rules of eligibility and associated conditions for employee rental/occupancy of UWS state-owned residential properties.
- Amount of Rent:Rental rates are established using DOA calculations by the UW System Office of Capital Planning and Budget and Financial Administration.
- Circumstances of Residence: This policy provides instruction for employees required to reside in state-owned property, employees permitted to reside in state-owned property, and employees prohibited from residing in certain state-owned property.
- Lease Requirements: This policy prescribes the conditions for the form of lease, the duration of lease, the termination of lease, and the prohibition of certain payroll deductions.
- Annual Occupancy Reporting: By July 1 of each year, institutions must provide the UW System Office of Capital Planning and Budget with a list of employees occupying state housing, dates of occupancy, and copies of lease agreements.
Affected Areas on Campuses
- The business offices of UW institutions controlling residential property work with the UW System Office of Capital Planning and Budget and Financial Administration to determine the amount of rent.
- This policy applies to all UW System employees except for those residing in traditional student housing.
- Campuses must adhere to the provisions of this policy.
- No further communication is planned at this time