Information Security Policy and Procedure Approved
On August 19, Interim President Thompson approved the policy SYS 1035, Information Security: IT Asset Management.
On August 19, Vice President Cramer approved the accompanying procedure SYS 1035.A, Information Security: IT Asset Management Standard.
Please see a description of the new policy and procedure below.
SYS 1035, Information Security: IT Asset Management
This policy will be effective September 1, 2021.
- The purpose of SYS 1035, Information Security: IT Asset Managementis to establish a system-wide standard IT asset management practice to account for UW owned or leased IT assets.
- UW System will identify a standard IT asset management tool to be used by all institutions in the UW System.
- Each institution will conduct an annual inventory of all UW owned or leased IT assets.The results will be provided to the UW System Office of Information Security.
- SYS 1035.A, Information Security: IT Asset Management Standard outlines the specific IT asset details to be recorded and tracked for:
- the inventory of IT assets;
- the inventory of Software assets; and
- reporting of annual IT asset inventories.
Affected Areas on Campuses
- This policy is applicable to all UW System institutions and identifies the parameters for maintaining and managing all institution owned or leased IT assets.
- Campuses are expected to take steps to implement practices for IT asset inventories, consistent with this policy and procedure, within one year from policy approval
- Further communication will be provided prior to the effective date.