On August 20, President Cross approved SYS 363, Change Requests of Bank and Contact Information.
Please find a detailed description of the approved policy below:
The effective data of the policy is August 20, 2019.
Summary of Policy and Policy Revisions
SYS 363, Change Requests of Bank and Contact Information, is a new policy which establishes standard processes for verifying student, employee, and vendor contact and bank account information when change requests are received.
Affected Areas on Campuses
- Each institution’s Office of Finance is expected to communicate this policy across their campus.
- This policy applies to all student, employee and vendor contact and bank account information, regardless of the University of Wisconsin (UW) System institution that maintains the information.
Expectation of Campuses on UWSA Policy Reporting
- UW System institutions must ensure adequate controls are in place when changes are made to student, employee, and vendor contact and bank account information.
- UW System Administration will develop written procedures for out-of-band verification for UW System’s shared financial and payroll/benefits systems.
- For student information systems and any other system containing contact and bank account information, each institution must develop written procedures for how out-of-band verification will be completed at the local level. These procedures would need to be in place by October 31, 2019.
- No further communication planned at this time.