The April 2022 institution policy distribution includes for comment two revised policies and one revised procedure.
Two (2) revised policies:
- SYS 324, Interinstitutional Financial Transactions
- SYS 435, Headquarter City & UW System Sponsored Events Policy
One (1) revised procedure:
Click on the links above to view the drafts and ensure that your feedback is captured for review during the post-comment period. Comments can include attachments, including word documents and PDFs. Please submit your feedback by Friday, May 6.
DRAFT POLICY REVISIONS
This policy establishes the principles for accounting for institutional financial transactions and/or when making payments for personal services involving an individual who holds a concurrent appointment at another UW institution. Revisions to the policy include:
- Drafting a new, related procedure (SYS 324.A) and moving procedural language from the policy into the procedure.
- Updated the policy format to ensure compliance with SYS 1, Developing, Revision, and Approval of UW System Administrative Policies, Procedures, & Guidelines.
- In Section 4, removed a reference to the rescinded policy SYS 235, Personal Services Payments.
- In Section 4, added reference to SYS 237, Utilization of Borrowed Employees/ Employee Interchange Agreements.
- In Section 4, removed a reference to SYS 165, The Academic Calendar, which no longer is relevant to SYS 324 due to revisions to SYS 165.
- In Section 6, updated reference to the former “Section III” to instead direct readers to SYS 324.A, Procedures for Interinstitutional Transactions.
- In Section 7, added link to SYS 237, Utilization of Borrowed Employees/Employee Interchange Agreements.
- Updated related attachments referenced throughout policy.
DRAFT POLICY REVISIONS
The purpose of this policy is to establish the parameters for reimbursement of costs associated with UW sponsored business events. Revisions to the policy include:
- Reformatting the policy to comply with SYS 1, Development, Revision, and Approval of UW System Administrative Policies, Procedures, & Guidelines.
- In section 6, updated maximum rates.
DRAFT PROCEDURE REVISIONS
Please see the SYS 324 summary above for more information.
APPROVED FAQ DOCUMENT
A Frequently Asked Questions document for SYS 625, Youth Protection and Compliance, was recently approved. Please familiarize yourself with this content at the link below.