Policy Revision and Procedure Approved
On January 15, 2020, President Cross approved revisions to SYS 175, Accreditation Visits and Reports.
On March 4, 2020, Vice President Morrobel-Sosa approved the supporting procedure SYS 175, Accreditation Visits and Reports Procedure.
Please find a detailed description of the approved policy revisions and the new procedure below:
SYS 175, Accreditation Visits and Reports and SYS 175.A, Accreditation Visits and Reports Procedure.
This policy and procedure are effective upon approval.
Summary of Policy and Policy Revisions
- SYS 175, Accreditation Visits and Reports describes the role of UW System Administration (UWSA) and members of the Board of Regents in regional accreditation reviews, and clarifies the responsibility of institutions to keep UWSA informed about all visits, reports, and results of Higher Learning Commission actions related to the institution.
- Updated policy to reflect Higher Learning Commission expectations.
- Updated accreditation agency name to Higher Learning Commission.
- Updated title and office name of responsible UW System Office.
- Clarified communication about submission of reports to the Office of Academic Programs and Educational Innovation.
- Updated procedures about UW System engagement in Higher Learning Commission visits.
- SYS 175.A, Accreditation Visits and Reports Procedure describe in detail that actions required for regional accreditation and the communication that institutions must initiate with UWSA.
Affected Areas on Campuses
- This policy applies to all UW System employees with roles pertaining to Higher Learning Commission reviews.
- Institutions may not tailor this policy to their campuses. No additional resources are expected to be necessary to implement this policy.
- No further communication is planned at this time.