Recorded Webinars and Transition Overview
Jump to Webinar Recordings
The UW System Board of Regents recently approved contracts regarding travel management services for the UW System. Beginning July 1, 2020 our travel management services will be handled by three separate providers, based on the unique services required. Our existing contract with Fox World Travel will expire on June 30, 2020. This change will provide specialized service to the various travel planners and travel arrangers and will result in significant savings for UW System.
- Employee Services (Individual Travel, or “live sell” tickets of less than 10 travelers, Administrative Groups and Group Air) will use Travel Incorporated based out of Duluth, GA
- University Group Block Services (10 or more on same flight and/or hotel) will use Fox World Travel based out of Oshkosh, WI
- Athletic Services will use Short’s Travel Management based out of Waterloo, IA. UW-Madison is exempt because of its pre-existing contract with a travel management agency for similar services.
- March 2020: New travel rate calculator (lodging maximums and meal per diems)
- March 2020: UW System will administer the TravelWIse website
- July 1, 2020: UW System will move from a single service provider to three vendors based upon the type of service required. Most employees will be working with a new travel agency and travel agent team
- July 1, 2020: Rollout of Concur app and Travel Incorporated app to book and view reservations on mobile devices
What Remained the Same
- Concur will be used for any online travel reservations (but will be fulfilled and invoiced by a different travel agency)
- Corporate card policy and vendor
- Ability to use an agent for service
- 24/7 agency coverage is available, with a dedicated UW team during core business hours
Travel Services Open House
Hosted by UW System Travel Services. This is a virtual open house to discuss changes to Travel Services effective July 1, 2020. Covering agency transitions, policy, TravelWIse website, and open time for Q&A.
|June 10, 2020||9:00 AM CST||Registration Full|
|June 11, 2020||10:00 AM CST||Registration Full|
|June 17, 2020||9:00 AM CST||Registration Full|
|July 16, 2020||1:00 PM CST||Listen to Webinar Recording|
|August 13, 2020||2:00 PM CST||Listen to Webinar Recording|
|September 22, 2020||2:00 PM CST||Registration Full|
|October 13, 2020||11:00 AM CST||Listen to Webinar Recording
Administrative Group Overview
Webinar hosted by Travel Incorporated to discuss and demonstrate the new administrative group process. Intended audience is Administrative Group Leaders, or those who would like to learn more about the Administrative Group process.
|June 23, 2020||10:00 AM CST||Registration Full|
|June 25, 2020||2:00 PM CST||Listen to Recorded Webinar|
|August 18, 2020||10:00 AM CST||Listen to Recorded Webinar
|September 23, 2020||1:00 PM CST||Listen to Recorded Webinar
Travel Incorporated Overview
These webinars are hosted by Travel Incorporated and serve as an overview of services and support provided by Travel Incorporated effective July 1, 2020. Travel Incorporated is handling all individual travel, or any travel of a group less than 10 where tickets are issued as a “live sell” ticket by the airline.
|July 28, 2020||2:00 PM CST|
|August 20, 2020||2:00 PM CST||Registration Full|
|September 24, 2020||1:00 PM CST||Listen to Recorded Webinar
Fox World Travel Group Block Training
|August 19, 2020||2:00 PM CST||Listen to Webinar Recording