The university will be ending its domestic travel freeze effective as of June 1, 2021. University sponsored travel should follow the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) domestic travel guidelines based upon your vaccination status.
Do not need to get tested or self-quarantine before or after domestic travel. After returning, you should self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms. Travelers should follow all state and local recommendations and requirements, including mask wearing and social distancing.
In addition to following all state and local recommendations and requirements around mask wearing and social distancing, unvaccinated individuals should:
- Get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip
- Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet from anyone who is not traveling with you
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
- Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel and stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel. Even if you test negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
Please click here for the CDC’s full travel guidance for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html.
The Concur website is now enabled for travel booking domestic travel.
UWL’s travel freeze remains in place for international travel and is subject to review on a case-by-case basis for compliance with CDC guidelines for international travel.