From: Alyssa Totoraitis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2022 1:25 PMtravel@uwp.edu> Subject: UW Parkside Return To Travel and WebinarsTo: Travel <
Please be advised that effective immediately:
UW Parkside has no restrictions or unique procedures for domestic or international travel.
- The requirement for travel authorization is currently department dependent.
- Travelers are referred to the CDC travel guidelines for COVID-19 travel concerns.
Here a few travel policy reminders:
- All university air travel must be booked either via Concur or with a designated agent (Travel Incorporated for Individual Travel, Shorts for Athletic Travel, Fox World Travel for Group Travel).
- The UW designated agencies have the UW Parkside Ghost Card on file (ending in 0930) for all UW Parkside airfare bookings for both Concur bookings or agency direct bookings.
- As a best practice, travelers should be prepared to provide funding information for air travel at the time of booking.
- A UW card product (either purchasing card or US Bank Travel card) must be used for all other reimbursable travel expenses.
Webinars and Training
If you’d like a travel refresher, there are a few opportunities coming up, as well as on-demand training resources you can use. In addition, I am always available via email (email@example.com) for any travel questions. You can also schedule time directly on my calendar if that is more convenient.
Admin/Arranger Session: Wednesday March 23, 11-12pm Register
UW Parkside General Travel Refresher: Thursday March 24, 11-12pm Register
Admin/Arranger Session: March 29th 9-10am Register
UW System Travel Open House: April 13th 1-2:30 Register
UW System Travel Open House April 19th 10-11:30 Register
On-Demand Canvas Travel Training (General UW System): Self-Enroll Here
Monthly Travel Newsletter
Increased Agency Hold Times (from UW-System Newsletter)
Increased Air Travel Demand Systemwide
In the last few weeks, travel volume has significantly increased systemwide. Our contracted travel agency, Travel Inc., has been hiring and training to keep up with the significant sudden demand.
Travelers that do not need immediate assistance are advised to either email Travel Incorporated, or use Concur to book online if possible. If you call Travel Inc., be prepared for longer hold times. Airline hold times are often over 30 minutes, which impacts travel agency hold times.
Trip Planning Resources
As a reminder, travelers and arrangers can use the resources below to assist in their trip planning.
Use Concur to book online for yourself, university guests, students, or faculty members. Concur Tutorials:
Campus travel managers are available to assist with policy, planning, and booking questions.
Read the prior news article on Travel Wise with additional details including how to search for flights outside of Concur.
We appreciate everyone’s patience as we ramp up staffing and get back to travel.
Thank you and please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions!Alyssa
Alyssa Totoraitis (Mahn)