Starting next week, all users – (Alternates, Travelers, Approvers and Auditors) will receive a notification if the traveler is not an authorized driver. The notification displays for expense types of Gas for Vehicle Rental, Mileage, and Vehicle Rental.
- This is only a notification, and does not prevent submission of the expense report. You will still be able to submit and approve reports even if you receive this message.
- This notification will show up for non-employees as well as for employees. Non-employees are not required to be authorized drivers unless they are volunteers or students. You can ignore this message for non-employees who are not students or volunteers.
- Alternates, Approvers and Auditors can rely on this warning message and are not required to access the driver authorization database to check if the traveler is authorized.
- The notification is not date-driven. It checks if the traveler is currently an authorized driver, not if they were an authorized driver at the time of the expense. It will be possible for a traveler to get authorized after-the-fact, which will clear this notification.
- Even though the notification will clear it is critical that travelers be authorized prior to operating a vehicle on University business. This is necessary in order for the driver to secure applicable State of WI secondary automobile liability coverage for personal or rental vehicle use.