Begin your education as a freshman at a UW branch campus and receive “guaranteed” admission to another 4-year UW System institution as a junior by participating in the UW System Guaranteed Transfer Admission Program. After fulfilling certain credit and grade point average requirements, you will transfer with the same rights and privileges as those who began their education at the 4-year institutions.
Talk to your academic advisor early and often to ensure you understand the requirements.
How to Participate
- Be admitted as a new freshman in the Associate of Arts and Sciences (AAS) degree program at a UW branch campus.
- Submit a Declaration of Intent to Participate Form to your home branch campus at any time prior to the start of your sophomore year (30 credits) in the AAS degree program.
- Complete the number of credits required for junior status at your destination 4-year institution with a minimum grade point average of 2.0; or 3.2 for UW-Madison.
- You have three academic years from the time of enrolling in the associate degree program to complete the minimum credits required.
- The 4-year institution may make exceptions to the required number of credits for those majors/programs for which early transfer is recommended.
- Transfer G.P.A.s are calculated using the formula/method of the 4-year campus.
- Apply to the intended UW System 4-year institution and meet the same criteria (e.g., GPA, course requirements, etc.) for admission to specific majors/programs as continuing students. The UW System Guaranteed Transfer Admission Program guarantees admission to the 4-year institution only and not to the specific program or major.
- UW-Madison has an application deadline for transfer contract students. For more information visit UW-Madison’s transfer agreements page.