There is a known issue in which users of Internet Explorer browser find an unusual looking menu upon login to SFS.”Universal Navigation Header” menu issues can be resolved by taking the following actions:
Add ‘wisconsin.edu’ to Compatibility View settings for Internet Explorer (IE)
- In the browser window, click “Tools” [gear in upper right corner] then “Compatiblity View Settings”.
- In the “Compatibility View Settings” window, type ‘wisconsin.edu’ in the “Add this website” box, then click “Add”.
- Be sure that the two checkboxes at the bottom are checked.
Close all browsers and clear computer cache
- Close all browser windows
- Go to: Start Menu> Control Panel> Internet Options
- Click “Delete” on the General tab
- In the ‘Delete Browsing History window, make sure the top option of “Preserve Favorites Website Data” is UNCHECKED and the next 3 options ARE checked
- Click ‘Delete’ and wait for the process to complete
Reboot your computer
- Shut down your computer, wait a few moments and restart