- The University of Wisconsin System Institutions shall continue to implement the Academic Quality Program (AQP), with special emphasis on meeting the North Central Association’s accreditation guidelines for assessment.
- The University of Wisconsin System Administration shall continue to implement AQP system wide with a focus on quantitative measurements, including annual publications of the Statistical Profile and regular surveys of students and/or alumni, business and/or industry, the general Wisconsin public, and University of Wisconsin System faculty members.
- The University of Wisconsin System Institutions shall provide increased institutional accountability for assessment of academic programs and student outcomes through each chancellor’s annual report.
- The University of Wisconsin System Administration shall provide increased system wide accountability for statewide assessment through the President’s annual report. Each University of Wisconsin System Institution shall continue the assessment of students’ verbal and quantitative skills, refine the techniques, and report annually on the use of assessment results in the improvement of teaching and learning.
- The University of Wisconsin System shall administer the ACT -CAAP Writing Skills and Mathematics tests to a system wide sample of sophomores at the earliest possible date that value added testing is available, and System Administration shall report the results, along with national norms, to the Board of Regents. These tests will be administered periodically to cohorts of students.
History: Res. 6215 adopted 9/11/92.