University of Wisconsin System – Office of Procurement
780 Regent Street, Rm. 105
Madison, Wisconsin 53715
COMMODITY OR SERVICE:
Executive Search Services for the University of Wisconsin System
CONTRACT NO.: 16-2075
NIGP CODE: 918-66
UW System Campuses only
July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017 with 4 annual renewals.
This contract is for comprehensive consultation service of professional executive recruiters to advise and assist search and screen committees through the search process. Each search will be tailored to the individual institution’s needs and requirements, while working within the general guidelines established by the UW Board of Regents. Prior to contacting any firm, institutions are directed to contact Shenita Brokenburr, Senior Associate Vice President, UW System Office of Human Resources & Workforce Diversity to determine the best firm to fit their specific needs. The scope of work provided by the search firms is as follows:
1. Assessment of the UWS or institution’s competitive strengths and weaknesses, in the national market for executive leaders,
2. Evaluation of current search and screen policies and procedures, and provision of alternative “best practices” and models which might enhance the effectiveness of searches,
3. Assessing the UWS or a UW institution in order to identify the key issues and challenges which it faces, and the type of leadership needed for that institution,
4. Devising of a national recruitment strategy tailored to the institution’s mission,
5. Training and advising the search and screen committee about effective recruitment and evaluation strategies,
6. Providing special recruitment and outreach efforts which will assist the UWS and the institution to build a diverse pool of outstanding candidates,
7. Assisting with the evaluation and screening of candidates, including providing detailed background information and assessments of finalists which may include and not be limited to: criminal background checks, Lexis/Nexis searches on legal issues as well as personal financial background checks.
8. If requested, assisting with the negotiations to encourage a selected individual to accept the position.
9. Provide all candidate information electronically if requested.
This contract is divided into two scenarios for institutional recruitment as described below:
Executive officers (President, Senior Vice President, and Vice Presidents) of the UW System Administration, and executive officers and chief academic officers (Chancellors, Vice Chancellors and Deans) of the UWS’ doctoral and research institutions with student populations ranging from 30,000-41,600.
Executive officers (Chancellors, Vice Chancellors and Deans) of the UWS’s 13 comprehensive institutions (enrollments ranging from 2,800 to 13,100), UW Colleges (13,800 enrollment at 13 colleges) and UW-Extension (A a statewide service with over 1.3 million contacts per year.)(One chancellor is responsible for both UW Colleges and UW-Extension).
Additional information on each firm’s approach may be obtained from the UW System’s Office of Procurement, Paul Schlough, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 608-265-0557.
CONTRACT ORIGIN: UW System Office of Procurement
For further information contact: Paul Schlough at 608.265.0557 or Email: email@example.com