JUNE 9, 2017
University of Wisconsin System President Ray Cross announces the new UW System Diversity Council, which is an advisory body to the President on critical issues of diversity and inclusion affecting educational achievement,[…]
The Diversity Council includes community members from across Wisconsin and is comprised of leaders from businesses, non-profits, and other stakeholder groups. The Council is an advisory body to UW System President Ray Cross on diversity and inclusion issues that affect educational achievement, workforce development, and Wisconsin’s economy. Its leadership is pivotal in helping prepare the UW System for an increasingly global world that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The purpose of the Diversity Council is to:
- increase partnerships between the UW System and Wisconsin communities to address issues of diversity and inclusion affecting our state’s future,
- advise the UW System President on ways to address diversity and inclusion issues; and
- provide key external support for UW System’s 2020FWD Strategic Framework, which promotes diversity and inclusion to reinvigorate Wisconsin’s economy and enhance the quality of life for all of its citizens.
- The purpose of the UW System Diversity Council is to advise the President on critical issues affecting educational achievement, workforce development, and the future of our state’s economy.
- The Council is a collaboration between UW System and Wisconsin residents to engage UW System’s institutions to help address critical issues of diversity and inclusion.
- The Council is a group of business and community leaders who are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in Wisconsin.
- The Council’s connections to communities is key to helping the state prepare for an increasingly global world that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- The Council will connect UW System to statewide businesses, community-based organizations, and other key stakeholders to increase diversity and inclusion in the state and UW System institutions.
Learn more about the 2020FWD strategic framework, including budget priorities and initiatives.