New Travel Services
UW System will make travel planning, booking, and compliance easier by introducing new vendors, revised travel policies, new rate calculator, and a new TravelWise website. UW System will move from a single vendor to three vendors aligned to the type of travel starting July 1, with greater expertise and customer service. UW System will also simplify policies to make it easier for travelers to find, understand, and comply with policies and reporting requirements.
Update on Travel Policy
Unused Airline Ticket Policy
UW System was able to convert the value of unused tickets from canceled flights caused by COVID-19 to UATP (Universal Air Travel Plan) prepaid airline cards. These apply to unused tickets from Delta, United, American, and Southwest. It does not automatically apply to group bookings, which have been determined on a group basis. When UW System travel resumes, use the same booking procedure using Concur through the UW TravelWIse website.
Travel Policy Updates
Effective July 1, several changes will go into effect on the existing travel policies. They will allow the use of Airbnb; allow for reimbursement of passports for business purposes; allow mid-size SUVs for vehicle rental; require employees to resubmit and return expense reports within 90 days, and allow employees to claim the day trip allowance. Read more about the Travel Policy Changes.
New Travel Vendors
UW System will move from a single service provider to three vendors based upon the type of service required:
- Employee Services, including Group Air and Administrative Groups, will use Travel Incorporated based out of Duluth, GA
- University Group Block Services (10 or more on same flight and/or hotel) will use Fox World Travel based out of Oshkosh, WI
- NCAA Athletics (except UW-Madison) will use Short’s Travel Management based out of Waterloo, IA.
What Will Change
- New travel rate calculator (lodging maximums and meal per diems)
- Rollout of Concur app and Travel Incorporated app to book and view reservations on mobile devices
- Most employees will be working with a new travel agency and travel agent team
- UW System will administer the TravelWIse website
What Remains the Same
- Concur will be used for any online travel reservations (but will be fulfilled and invoiced by a different travel agency)
- Corporate card policy and vendor
- Ability to use an agent for service
- 24/7 agency coverage is available, with a dedicated UW team during core business hours