The UW System Administration Project Management Office leads successful systemwide initiatives by strategically connecting people and information. Our project experts do this by collaborating across the UW System with project partners and leaders to identify, develop, and implement the project plan, change management plan, or communication plan to achieve success. Start your project with us by completing a Request for Services form. You can also contact us at UWSystemPMO@uwsa.edu.
Project Management – Develop workflows, timelines, issue resolution, and change management strategies
Project Change Management – Develop change management strategies to identify and measure stakeholder awareness and messaging
Project Communication – Develop communication strategies that ensure stakeholder engagement and facilitate change management
Project Managers – Work with project sponsors and project leads to define scope of work and roadmap. Work with project teams to develop measurable expectations. Monitor progress and engage people through consistent and shared accountability.
Change Managers – Support the development of change management plans. Gather data to assess the impact of change that addresses the people components of the project. Identify key messages and compelling reasons for the change. Monitor change adoption.
Communication Specialists – Support creation of communication plans that list audiences, messages, and channels necessary to support the change. Refine key messages and talking points. Create project communication resources.
- Define scope of work and project deliverables
- Gather business requirements
- Deliver project charter
- Conduct stakeholder interviews
- Create stakeholder register
- Set project communication
- Set team role expectations
- Build team awareness of change considerations
- Establish documentation management
- Facilitate team accountability meetings
- Establish schedule/cost
- Develop risk log
- Create vendor management plan
- Coach business lead in assessment of stakeholder communication and training
- Monitor project is proceeding according to plan
- Issue identification, escalation, and resolution
- Facilitate decision making
- Deliver regular status reports, risk, issue, and decision logs
- Work with project leadership and stakeholders to amend plan
- Facilitate closeout with project leadership and key stakeholders
- Ensure business requirements and project expectations outlined in the project charter have been met
- Provide closeout documentation, including lessons learned
- Support business leads with pos-project survey