The UW System project management staff lead successful systemwide initiatives by strategically connecting people and information. Our project experts do this by collaborating across the UW System with project partners and leaders to identify, develop, and implement the project plan, change management plan, or communication plan to achieve success.
Get Started With Us
- Have a potential project but not sure how to explore where to start? Use this Project Decision Checklist to guide you in deciding what need assistance you may need from UW System’s PMO.
- If you think you need our support, contact us at UWSystemPMO@uwsa.edu and we will guide you on your next steps.
- After you do a PMO leadership’s Client Intake meeting, go through this Project Discovery Guide to narrow down the defined scope to ensure the PMO services are correctly defined. Gather information necessary for the next steps of developing the Statement of Work and to assist with completing the Project Charter or Lite Charter.
The PMO Self-Service Center provides you with simple explanations of project management, a guide to project management, and easy-to-use templates to help you manage your project. Explore these project management resources and adapt them to meet your project management needs.
Check out the Project Readiness Checklist to help you develop a clear understanding of the expectations, outcomes, and needs of your project and the Change Management video to understand the importance of managing change in your project.
The PMO will work with you to cater our services to the unique needs of each project or initiative.
- Project Management – Provides leadership, guidance, and delivery of project objectives from concept to completion.
- Communication – Provides expertise to create and implement a communication plan for all audiences impacted by a project
- Change Management – Incorporates change management activities into each project and available as a separate, dedicated resource
- Pre-Project Planning – Provides support to define a project’s scope and plan or develop recommendations for execution
- Project Coordination – Supports a functional lead by overseeing organizational tasks for a project
Learn more about the PMO Services to take you from project initiation to successful completion.