Well Wisconsin is the uniform wellness program offered as part of the State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program. This program is voluntary and provided at no cost to you and your spouse, if enrolled in the State Group Health Insurance Program. The program offers resources that can help you maintain or improve your current state of well-being and help lower your health risks and costs. There is also a monetary incentive available for you (and your spouse) to earn through the Program.
To participate in the Well Wisconsin Program, review the 2023 Well Wisconsin Program Overview then login or register on the WebMD ONE website (code: SOWI) or download the Wellness At Your Side mobile app through the App Store or on Google Play (code: SOWI).
$150 Wellness Incentive
Well Wisconsin allows you and your spouse (if enrolled in the State Group Health Insurance Program) to each earn an annual $150 incentive. To earn this incentive, you and your spouse must each complete a health assessment, health check activity, and one well-being activity (by mid-October*).
- Health Assessment: Captures current health behaviors through a brief questionnaire (15-20 minutes) focusing on stress, sleep, nutrition and physical activity.
- Health Check Activity:
- Biometric screening – Provides a picture of overall health (includes measurements for blood pressure, body mass index, cholesterol, triglycerides & glucose) or
- Dental exam – Provides a picture of overall dental health (by getting a preventive dental exam) or
- One coaching session – Provides an opportunity for you to work with a WebMD Health Coach to help you work toward your goals!
- Well-Being Activity: Helps with overall health and well-being (examples: Stress Less Challenge, Five Fruits & Vegetables to Thrive Challenge, Random Acts of Kindness Challenge, Well Wisconsin Radio).
*Check the WebMD website for the deadline each year and for additional information regarding the Well Wisconsin Program Incentive. Participation in the program is subject to timely enrollment in the State Group Health Insurance Program (may be an issue for a newly eligible employees in the fall).
Note: Wellness incentives are considered taxable income.
It’s Your Health: Diabetes
This voluntary program helps you and your spouse (if enrolled in the State Group Health Insurance Program) with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. It helps manage the condition through a Certified Nurse Consultant. If you are enrolled in a non-High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), you may receive insulin (and other prescriptions related to diabetes care) for a reduced fee (or no cost). WebMD will inform you of this program if you self-identify that you have diabetes through your health assessment. Or if you have filled an anti-diabetic prescription. You may voluntarily enroll (or disenroll) by contacting WebMD at (800) 821-6591 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This Diabetes program qualifies as a well-being activity for the $150 incentive.
Well Wisconsin Radio
Monthly podcast style sessions that focus on topics of health and well-being with experts from around the State of Wisconsin. All episodes are available on demand.
- Podcasts: new episodes released monthly
Note: Listen to two episodes to complete the well-being activity requirement for the $150 incentive.
For additional information regarding the Well Wisconsin Program, go to webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin or contact the WebMD HelpLine at (800) 821-6591. Additional information may also be found at etf.wi.gov/well-wisconsin-members.
Reminder: To be eligible for the Well Wisconsin Program, you must be an employee, spouse or retiree enrolled in the State Group Health Insurance Program.
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. Information on this page does not guarantee enrollment, benefits and/or the ability to make changes to your benefits.