The Annual Benefits Enrollment period is the busiest time of year for benefits staff. Included on this page are resources that will help you through this busy time. The UW System Administration benefits office strives to provide institutions with helpful resources that will allow them to provide the best information to their employees. Resources will be posted as they become available.
The Annual Benefits Enrollment period is from October 17 through November 11, 2016. All changes made during this period are effective January 1, 2017.
Visit the Employee Annual Benefits Enrollment website for more information.
Below is the schedule of Annual Benefits Enrollment emails to be sent out during the open enrollment period. The dates are subject to change upon circumstances.
|Name of E-mail||Targeted Population||Query for Data||Template Sent
|Date to Send to Employees|
|Health Plans no longer available in 2017||Employees currently enrolled in the following plans (separate e-mail for each health plan):
|Network Health Plan no longer covering services provided by ThedaCare in 2017||Employees currently enrolled in Network Health Plan||9/9/16||9/16/16||Institutions||9/20/16|
|Opt-out Reminder||Employees who opted out of SGH in 2016||9/15/16||9/22/16||UW System HR||9/30/16|
|HSA Enrollment Reminder||Employees who are currently enrolled in HDHP & HSA||9/15/16||9/22/16||Institutions||9/30/16|
|ABE Alert||All benefit-eligible employees (except rehired annuitants)||9/26/16||9/30/16||Institutions||10/10/16|
Regular & Grads
|All benefit-eligible employees (except rehired annuitants)||10/10/16||10/13/16||UW System HR||10/15/16, 10/16/16, 10/17/16|
|All rehired annuitants||10/10/16||10/13/16||UW System HR||10/17/16|
|Individual & Family Life Insurance Annual Increase Option||Employees enrolled in I&F with active coverage as of 10/1/16||10/7/16||10/12/16||UW System HR||10/18/16|
|Leave of Absence Letter (hard-copy to be mailed)||Benefit-eligible employees currently on a leave of absence||10/13/16||10/17/16||Institutions||10/19/16|
|2nd Health Plans no longer available in 2017||Employees currently enrolled in the following plans (separate e-mail for each health plan):
|2nd Network Health Plan no longer covering services provided by ThedaCare in 2017||Employees currently enrolled in Network Health Plan||10/20/16||10/26/16||Institutions||10/28/16|
|ABE Reminder||All benefit-eligible employees||10/16||10/31/16||UW System HR||11/1/16|
To view these dates in a monthly calendar format, go here: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/events/category/abe-email.
(10/11/2016) Thank you to everyone who attended the Annual Benefits Enrollment Administrator Training in Madison, WI on October 6th and 7th. Please complete the following evaluation of the training sessions. Your feedback and suggestions will help us improve future programs.
In person training will be offered both in Madison and online this year. The trainings are separated by Annual Benefits Enrollment Program Updates/Changes training and HRS Processing training. More than one HRS Processing training session will be offered, and you should only attend one as they are identical.
The registration deadline was on September 26, 2016. If you did not register and would like to attend one of the below trainings, please email email@example.com as soon as possible to see if there is space available.
Location: All trainings will take place in room 217 at the UW Service Center– 660 West Washington Avenue (same building as Panera Bread). Click here for entry instructions. You will receive parking information prior to the training.
Online trainings will be offered through Blackboard Collaborate:
- Phone Number: 1(888) 291-0312
- Passcode: 9113211#
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2016
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2016
ETF It’s Your Choice Kickoff Webinar
HRS Processing Training
ABE program updates/changes Training
HRS Processing Training
Please complete the
Please see the ABE Administrator Calendar for a monthly calendar view of important dates for ABE: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/events/category/abe/
The calendar includes payroll confirmation dates, the communications schedule and important ABE processing deadlines.
As a reminder, the Annual Benefits Enrollment period is from October 17 through November 11, 2016. Due to November 11, 2016 being a federal holiday, mailed applications must be postmarked by November 10, 2016.
For employee-facing resources, see: https://www.wisconsin.edu/abe/resources.
- – updated 10/20/16: This is the employee-version of powerpoint that was used to train Administrators on ABE during the October 7th AM training. You may adapt it for use on your institution.
- – updated 10/20/16: This is the PDF version of the above Employee Training presentation, in note slides format.
- It’s Your Choice Website
- Health Plan Map
- Health Plan Features
- (Video) Pharmacy Benefits: Saving on Your Prescriptions: Find out how to reduce your out-of-pocket costs for prescription drugs. This e-learning provides an overview of the member’s cost-share for generic, brand name and specialty drugs, along with six tips for saving money. Topics include accessing in-network pharmacies and comparing prices, working with your care provider and pharmacy benefit manager, Navitus Health Solutions, to identify effective, low-cost drugs, and the appeals and grievances process.
- Parking/Transit Account Form: Employees should use this specific form to enroll in the Parking and/or Transit Account. Enrollments are effective January 1, 2017.
- I&F Annual Increase Option Form: Employees should use this specific form to increase their Individual & Family Group Life coverage levels during the Annual Increase Option period. Increases will be effective January 1, 2017. If individuals are looking to decrease or cancel their I&F coverage, they should use the regular application form.
KnowledgeBase Documents (KBs)
|16795– MSC Event Evaluation Report||21160– Reprocessing the OE Event|
|17882– Benefits Personal Data (for Coordination of Benefits)||21916– List of Benefit Schedules|
|20419-Processing Event for BE||55920– FAQ for EEs using eBenefits during ABE|
|20420– ABE using eBenefits||57671– Health Opt-Out Business Process|
|20470– Employee Process Status Report||64265- Self Service (eBenefits) Confirmation Statements|
|67317– eBenefits Self Service Updating Other Health Insurance Information (for Coordination of Benefits)|
- ABE Brochure
- ABE Checklist
- ABE Training Survey
- ABE Employer Survey (coming soon)
- HDHP Survey– see “Tools”
- HDHP Survey– Is the HDHP the right plan for you?
- Health Plan vs HDHP: Cost Sharing Comparison Illustration
last updated 10/21/16