The supplemental dental plans change effective January 1, 2019. Two supplemental dental plans through Delta Dental are available. The Delta Dental plans replace the supplemental dental plans through EPIC Specialty Benefits (EPIC Benefits+ and Dental WI) which end on December 31, 2018.
Dental Wisconsin is a supplemental dental plan that offers comprehensive dental coverage. Dental Wisconsin offers two plan options, providing you and your family the opportunity to utilize a broad network and choose a dental benefit that meets your needs. Dental Wisconsin is offered until December 31, 2018 through EPIC Specialty Benefits.
Dental Wisconsin plan options until December 31, 2018:
- PPO Plan
- Select Plan
Although there are two plan options to choose from, the following items apply to both the PPO and Select Plans until December 31, 2018:
- Annual benefit maximum per individual: $1,250
- Your eligible covered dependents (under age 19) must serve a 12-month waiting period for orthodontic services
- Utilizes the Delta Dental of Wisconsin network—you may see the dentist of your choice, but will have lower out-of-pocket costs if you see in-network dentists
- If you enroll in more than one dental plan (Uniform Dental, Dental WI and/or EPIC Benefits+), you may want to confirm with your dental office, after your services are incurred, that they will submit your dental claims to all of the dental insurance plans that you have enrolled in.
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this plan (until December 31, 2018):
- Eligible for State Group Health Insurance, and
- Are not receiving a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) annuity.
Until December 31, 2018, the PPO plan provides coverage for annual cleanings and x-rays, in addition to partial coverage for fillings, crowns, implants, and more. The PPO plan offers in-network and out-of-network coverage, so you may see the dentist of your choice. However, you will have lower out-of-pocket costs if you see a Delta Dental PPO provider.
The Select plan does not provide preventive or diagnostic coverage. This means that cleanings and/or routine x-rays are not covered under this plan so it may be a good option if you have elected Uniform Dental coverage with your health insurance. Until December 31, 2018, the Select plan provides partial coverage for fillings, crowns, implants, and more. The Select plan has an open network, so you may see the dentist of your choice. However, you will have lower out-of-pocket costs if you see a Delta Dental Premier provider.
There is a 12-month waiting period for orthodontia services (for children under 19) under the Dental Wisconsin plans.
For Dental Wisconsin premiums, see the Premiums page.
Forms & Resources
- Certificate of Coverage
- Davis Affinity Vision Discount Program
- EPIC Specialty Benefits | 1-800-520-5750
last updated: 12/28/18
Every effort has been made to ensure this information is current and correct. This page does not guarantee enrollment or the ability to make changes to your benefits.