Whether you are new to the University or have worked in benefits for a while, below is a list of data systems, helpful links and legislative references that you will use in your daily job duties. Many of the data systems require authorized access. Work closely with your supervisor to determine which system(s) you should have access to and follow the guidelines to do so.
Human Resource System (HRS)
Access to HRS is vital to your job duties. You will need to request access to HRS. See the Service Center Security Page for definitions of roles and instructions on how to request those roles. Click here to access the Human Resource System (HRS).
The KnowledgeBase holds training documents for performing tasks in HRS. Explore the KnowledgeBase for information on how to enter absences, time, additional pay, direct deposit, tax withholding and much more. Click here to access the HRS KnowledgeBase.
UW System Service Center Website
Use the administration tab to access HRS-related information, including HRS Process notifications, payroll schedules and calendars, training event information and tools to assist in benefits administration. Click here to access the UW System Service Center website.
Cypress is a report distribution service. Reports will be delivered to your Cypress inbox on a daily or weekly basis (depending on the report). Receiving and reviewing these reports is a constant activity for a Payroll/Benefit staff member. Visit the main Cypress page to learn how to request access and install the Cypress client.
Department of Employee Trust Funds (ETF)
- ETF home page
- ETF Employer page
- ETF Employer training (recorded webinars)
- ETF Employer bulletins
- ETF On-line Network for Employers (ONE)
You may need access to ETF's ONE System. In the ETF ONE system, you can look up an employee’s previous WRS service, health enrollments and access the online Accumulated Sick Leave Certification system. To request access, complete ETF’s Online Access Security Agreement (ET-8928) and email, fax or mail it to the UW System Service Center (Attn: WRS Agent). Once the form is signed by the WRS Agent, the Service Center will send the agreement to ETF. You will receive your login credentials via mail from ETF once your agreement has been approved. Also see, .
UW Business Intelligence
For information on University of Wisconsin Business Intelligence (UWBI) click here.
General Schedule and Record Management Services
General Records Schedules for the UW System on a variety of business subjects. Click here to access the General Schedule and Record Management.
- Wisconsin Statute
- Wisconsin Administrative Code
- Chapter UWS 1 – Definitions
- Chapter UWS 3 – Faculty Appointments
- Chapter UWS 5 – Faculty Layoff
- Chapter UWS 10 – Academic Staff Appointments
- Chapter UWS 12 – Academic Staff Layoff
- Chapter UWS 15 – Limited appointments
- Chapter UWS 19 – Unclassified Sick Leave
- Chapter ETF 10 – Administration
- Chapter ETF 20 – WRS
- Chapter ETF 40 – Health Insurance
- Chapter ETF 50 – Disability benefits
- Chapter ETF 60 – Survivor Benefits
- Chapter DWD 225 – Authorization for WFMLA
- Division of Personnel Management (DOA) Main Page
- UW System Government Relations
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- The Wheeler Report
last updated: 6/27/2017