The Office of Budget & Planning has a strong commitment to provide flexible, solution-oriented and timely service to University of Wisconsin System Universities and Colleges, UW-Extension, and other System Administration Offices, and is responsible for:
- Providing leadership to build a consensus among System institutions on systemwide operating budget needs in service of the UW System and institutional missions, in order to present those needs to the Board of Regents, Governor, and Legislature.
- Obtaining and allocating equitably the resources necessary to assist institutions in meeting their teaching, research, and public service missions.
- Meeting Board of Regents and State reporting requirements.
- Facilitating budget implementation and providing assistance to the institutions.
- Assisting in long-range planning, including enrollment management planning and the Regents’ strategic planning efforts.