UW System President Ray Cross proposes merging UW Colleges with four-year UW institutions as part of a broader restructuring of UW Colleges and UW-Extension. UW Colleges campuses will be integrated into UW four-year institutions, and divisions within UW-Extension will be assigned to UW-Madison and UW System Administration. These changes will be effective July 1, 2018. Please submit your questions about the proposal below.
The objectives of the restructuring include:
- Expanding access to higher education by offering more general education and upper-level courses at the integrated branch campuses
- Identifying and reducing barriers to transferring credits within the UW System
- Maintaining affordability by continuing current tuition levels at the branch campuses post-merger for general education courses
- Further standardizing and regionalizing administrative operations and services to more efficiently use resources
- Leveraging resources and shared talent at our institutions to get more students into and through the educational pipeline, better aligning the university to meet Wisconsin’s projected workforce needs