University of Wisconsin Records Officer Council

The University of Wisconsin Records Officers Council is charged with achieving consistent records management practices within the University of Wisconsin System, to the extent that it best serves the needs of all University institutions. Toward this end, the records officer from each UW System institution is a member of the Council. The tasks of the Council include:

  1. Producing general schedules for the University of Wisconsin System,
  2. Providing records management resources, including this website, for the University of Wisconsin System; and
  3. Working together with the State of Wisconsin Public Records Board to advocate on behalf of the University of Wisconsin System.

The Council is sponsored and supported by the University of Wisconsin Office of General Counsel.

Records and Forms Officers are appointed by their institution leaders pursuant to Wis. Stat. sec. 15.04(1)(j). Their chief duty is to assure compliance with records retention and disposition laws. Records and Forms Officers are not responsible for responding to public records requests (a/k/a freedom of information requests). Persons wishing to make a public records request should contact the institution’s records custodian.

Also see: About the Council | List of Records Custodians (for public records requests)

Records Officers and Contact Information

Institution Records Officer Email Phone
UW-Eau Claire Gregory J. Kocken 715-836-3873
UW-Green Bay Christopher Paquet 920-465-2110
UW-La Crosse Robin Tuxen 608-785-6494
UW-Madison Sarah Grimm 608-262-3284
UW-Milwaukee Abbi Nye 414-229-5402
UW-Oshkosh Joshua Ranger 920-424-0828
UW-Parkside Rebecca Robbenolt 262-595-2411
UW-Platteville James Hibbard 608-342-1719
UW-River Falls Morgan Paavola 715-425-4968
UW-Stevens Point Brad Casselberry 715-346-3234
UW-Stout Rebecca Kuske  715-232-2300
UW-Superior Laura Jacobs 715-394-8359
UW System Administration Katie Patten 608-262-6448
UW-Whitewater Jennifer Motszko 262-472-5515


Request Update to Roster

If your institution’s contact has changed, please provide new contact information here. 

Update Contact