BACKGROUND AND HISTORY
UW-Stevens Point was founded in 1894 as a Stevens Point Normal School. The institution evolved into a State Teachers College in 1927, the Wisconsin State College at Stevens Point in 1951, Wisconsin State University–Stevens Point in 1964, and became part of the new UW System in 1971.
UW-Stevens Point offers a diverse range of programs, including those in the largest undergraduate college of natural resources in the country, and offerings in education, biology, communication, fine arts and health sciences.
The main campus is bounded by commercial uses on the west, and residential areas on the other sides. The campus academic core is located to the south, with residential, athletic, recreational, and support uses to the north. The main campus includes the 282-acre Schmeeckle Reserve conservancy area on the north portion of campus. Non-contiguous land holdings include the Treehaven Field Station and a forest land parcel. The university also leases 1,823 acres of nature/conservancy areas that support the College of Natural Resources programs.
2019-21 Capital Budget Project
|2019-21 UW SYSTEM CAPITAL BUDGET REQUEST|
|Student Health & Wellness Center||$32,500,000||$0||$22,200,000||$7,300,000||$0||$0|