BACKGROUND AND HISTORY
UW-River Falls was founded in 1874 as the fourth Normal School in Wisconsin and the first in the northwestern part of the state. In 1912, an agriculture education department was added. The institution evolved into a State Teachers College in 1927, the Wisconsin State College at River Falls in 1951, Wisconsin State University–River Falls in 1964, and became part of the new UW System in 1971.
UW-River Falls is a regional university in a rural setting that is located at eastern edge of the rapidly growing Twin Cities metropolitan area. Notable program areas include teacher education and agriculture.
The UW-River Falls campus is located in a residential area at the edge of downtown River Falls, and consists of north campus and south campus areas that are separated by the South Fork Kinnickinnic River, which is a class-II trout stream and natural area designated by the Department of Natural Resources as an Outstanding Water Resource. The north campus is the original historical campus and houses most academic and student life functions. The south campus houses the Campus Lab Farm, most athletic functions, and athletic/recreational fields. Non-contiguous land includes the 480 acre Mann Valley Farm, which houses the dairy, beef, swine, and sheep agricultural programs.
Facility needs include renovation and repurposing of academic space, improvements to the lab farms, and improved science facilities.
2019-21 Capital Budget Project
|2019-21 PLANNING AND 2021-23 ADVANCE ENUMERATION REQUEST|
|Science & Technology Innovation Center||$110,932,000||$104,291,000||$0||$0||$0||$0|