BACKGROUND AND HISTORY
UW-Oshkosh was founded in 1871 as the Oshkosh State Normal School, and was housed in a single building located on a parcel of land donated by the City of Oshkosh. The institution evolved into a State Teachers College in 1927, the Wisconsin State College at Oshkosh in 1951, Wisconsin State University–Oshkosh in 1964, and in 1971 became part of the new UW System.
UW-Oshkosh is the largest of the comprehensive universities, and offers 60 undergraduate degrees, 17 graduate degrees, and one doctoral degree. The university has a particular focus on sustainability in the curriculum and in facilities.
The main campus consists of 112 acres located along the east side of the Fox River and bordering commercial and residential areas in the downtown area of Oshkosh. A 36-acre industrial parcel bordering the north edge of campus may offer potential for future purchase and campus expansion. Non-contiguous land includes the 37-acre Oshkosh Sports Complex, and two sites for facilities operations on the west side of the river, two other athletic/recreational fields located approximately one-third mile from campus, and a 12-acre nature preserve five miles from the city.
2019-21 Capital Budget Project
|2019-21 ENUMERATION REQUEST|
|Heating Plant Chiller & Cooling Tower Repl||$3,465,000||$2,495000||$970,000||$0||$0||$0|