The UWBI Central Team is happy to announce some opportunities to learn more about business intelligence and to complete UWBI Introductory, Consumer, Author, and HRS Author training this Fall 2019. Training is required to be completed within 30 days of acquiring your UWBI role in order to maintain your access to OBIEE.
For more information on…
- Acquiring a role: Please visit our Resources page under the Getting Started section.
- Enroll in training, pre-requisites, or general training questions: Please contact your UWBI Institution Trainer who can be reached through your support contact.
The courses are going to be hosted as “live sessions,” through the University of Wisconsin Systems Canvas Tool and you will need an account to get enrolled. Follow the below steps to get started:
Signing up for BI Training:
1. Go to https://uwsa.instructure.com/ and create an account
2. Contact your BI Trainer advising that you have created your Canvas account along with the course name, date, and time you’d like to attend:
- BI200 Consumer Training (BI200 live sessions)
- Tuesday September 17th 10:00AM-11:00AM
- Tuesday September 17th 2:00PM-3:00PM
- HRS Author Training
- Tuesday September 24th 1:00PM-2:30PM
- Monday September 30th 10:00AM-11:30AM
- BI201 Author Basics (BI201 live sessions)
- Tuesday October 8th 10:00AM-11:30AM
- Tuesday October 15th 1:00PM-2:30PM
- There are also eLearning modules available 24/7 through Canvas if you are unable to attend a “live session.” Advise your BI Trainer what works best for you.
3. Once you have received verification that your account has been created and notified your BI Trainer which course, you’re able to attend; they will enroll you and you will receive an automated confirmation email.
We recommend that you enter Canvas after you receive registration confirmation to review the course contents and resources and print anything you would like to have handy during the “live session.” Then on the day and time that you have selected, you will need to enter canvas, enter the course, and then go to the “access/connect” link to enter the live classroom. If you have any issues entering on the day of the course, please email Celia Braker (Instructor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also highly recommend that you complete the “live session” where you are able to have two monitor screens, one for watching the demo and the other to be able to go into the environment and follow along.
Hope you can attend or refer a peer!