UW-Eau Claire chancellor search committee named (May 18, 2012)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 18, 2012
UW-Eau Claire chancellor search committee named
MADISON, Wis. – University of Wisconsin System President Kevin P. Reilly today appointed a 21-member search and screen committee to help identify a successor to UW-Eau Claire Chancellor Brian Levin-Stankevich, who in March announced his acceptance of a position in Utah.
Reilly appointed 11 UW-Eau Claire faculty members, two academic staff members, two classified staff members, and two students to the committee. They are joined by one campus administrator, one UW System representative, and two community representatives. Professor Rama Yelkur, from UW-Eau Claire’s College of Business, will chair the committee.
Serving on the Search and Screen Committee are:
- Norah Airth-Kindree, Assistant Professor, Nursing
- James Boulter, Associate Professor, Chemistry, and Campus Sustainability Fellow
- Selika Ducksworth-Lawton, Associate Professor, History
- Audrey Fessler, Associate Professor, English
- Max Garland, Professor, English
- Susan Harrison, Professor, Math
- Eric Jennings, Assistant Professor, McIntyre Library
- Thomas Kemp, Associate Professor, Economics
- Sean McAleer, Associate Professor, Philosophy & Religious Studies
- Mitra Sadeghpour, Associate Professor, Music & Theatre Arts
- Rama Yelkur, Professor, Marketing & Management (Chair)
- Jason Anderson, Artist, Student Affairs, Activities & Programs
- Robin Baker, Student Services Coordinator, Athletics
- Greg Falkenberg, Power Plant Operator in Charge, Facilities Management
- Wanda Schulner, Program Assistant Advanced, Academic Affairs
- Corydon Fish
- Phil Rynish
- Catherine Emmanuelle, Clear Vision Eau Claire Board Member
- Betsy Kell, UW-Eau Claire Foundation Board Member
- Mary Jane Brukardt, Director of Marketing, Communication and Strategic Planning, UW-Eau Claire
- Don Mash, Executive Senior Special Assistant, President’s Office, UW System
Following an intensive search and screen process, the committee is expected to recommend five candidates as finalists for consideration by Reilly and a special Board of Regents committee. After a series of public presentations and personal interviews, Reilly and the Regent committee will recommend one individual to the full Board, which must approve the appointment.
The campus search committee will convene for the first time later this year, after the Fall semester begins. At that meeting, Reilly will officially charge the committee with its mission, review procedures, and begin the national search.
UW-Eau Claire enrolls more than 11,000 students in more than 80 degree programs. UW-Eau Claire is among U.S. News & World Report's top five public regional universities in the Midwest for 2012; is named a 2012 Best Midwestern College by The Princeton Review; and is designated a 2012 Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs magazine. Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine included UW-Eau Claire among its 100 best values in public colleges for 2012.
# # #