Enroll in the TSA Program
It's as Easy as 1 - 2 - 3
- Select one or more investment companies that can help you meet your retirement needs with the flexibility you need to manage your account.
Enroll with the company.
When you enroll, you provide the company with information about yourself,
your beneficiary, and how you'd like to invest your money.
The links to company online enrollment sites are below. Online enrollment is immediate. Be sure you understand your investment choices — look through the fund prospectus and ask the company representative about anything you don't understand.
If you prefer to use a paper form, you can download an enrollment form below or contact the company or your staff benefits office to request a UW TSA enrollment packet. The enrollment packet will give you information about the company and an account application. Some enrollment packets offer model portfolios based on your risk tolerance.
- TIAA-CREF online enrollment — To begin the process, enter the University of Wisconsin Access Code of WIA940.
You can also download the TIAA-CREF application, print it, and mail it in. Write in the Plan ID Number of 100988 for the University of Wisconsin System in the space provided in the lower right hand corner of section 1. Be sure to read the CREF prospectus and the Real Estate prospectus.
- Fidelity online enrollment — The Fidelity University of Wisconsin Plan ID Number is 82828.
If you prefer, you may also print the Fidelity application, fill it out, and mail it in.
Rowe Price online enrollment — (This works
best using Internet Explorer) Have your
investment options already selected.
If you prefer, you may also print the T. Rowe Price application, fill it out, and mail it in.
This T. Rowe Price application may be filled in online and then printed and mailed in.
Dreyfus online enrollment - Have your investment options already selected.
- Submit a UW Salary Reduction Agreement (SRA) to your institution's Staff Benefits Office. They may ask to see a copy of your account application or your online confirmation to make sure you have signed up with an investment company first.
- The SRA authorizes the UW Payroll Office to withhold a designated dollar amount and specifies the company(ies) to which you wish your money to be sent. If you select an insurance company, your agent can prepare this agreement for you.
- The account application
specifies the investment funds you have selected. It must be on file
with the investment company before the company receives your first salary
deferral. Fourteen days lead-time is strongly recommended if mailing
in a paper copy. Online enrollment is effective immediately.
If money is contributed to a company and you have failed to sign up, the money must be returned to the University.
- Be sure you are not contributing more than federal regulations allow — in 2012 $17,000 ($22,500 if you are 50 or older); in 2013 $17,500 ($23,000 if you are 50 or older).
For new and updated
information, check our web site, www.uwsa.edu/hr/benefits/retsav/tsa.htm.
This document was last revised on October 22, 2012