Retirement and Savings
Most of us will spend up to one-third of our lives in retirement, and we need to have adequate means to support ourselves during those years. There are different sources of retirement income - it is important to know how they all work together. And we have other savings goals as well.
Retirement Income Sources and Savings Options
- Wisconsin Retirement System - major source of retirement income and also provides disability, separation, and survivor benefits. Be sure you understand your benefits under this extremely important program.
- Supplemental Retirement Savings Plans - set aside money for retirement on a pre-tax or post-tax (Roth) basis
- Social Security
- U.S. Savings Bonds
- EdVest - Wisconsin's state-sponsored "Section 529" college-savings program.
- Retirement Savings Options Available to UW System Employees
- Retirement page in Life Events section of website
- Roadmap to Retirement Planning
- Employee Benefits at Retirement
- Are You Considering Early Retirement brochure
- Taking the Mystery Out of Retirement Planning (U.S. Department of Labor)
|Disclaimer||Questions About This Site||Questions About Your Benefits|
This document was last revised on December 11, 2012